recipes : Sweetened Curd
Curd has a special place on the plate and palate of South East Asia. No meal is complete without some form of dahi showing up on the table. The product of the lactic fermentation of milk, curd is esteemed for both its smoothness and refreshing taste. When making curd at home use only pure milk.
Directions1. Mix cream with milk in a vessel and boil.
2. Add sugar and cook on a low flame for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the vessel from stove and allow the contents to cool.
4. Soak saffron in milk and add to the contents.
5. Add curd, cardamom powder, blend well and leave it overnight.
6. In the morning, refrigerate and serve chilled.