recipes : premium kulfi
Kulfi, the dessert meant for kings. This is a really simple recipe, though it needs patience.
Directions1. 1 litre Total Dairy's milk in a large heavy-based saucepan and place pan on medium high heat till the milk boils.Reduce heat and let the milk simmer uncovered, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
2. Cook the milk till it is reduced to almost half, stirring all the time.
3. As the milk reduces, you will notice a thick creamy residue sticking to the sides of the pan. Scrape this back into the milk and stir to dissolve.
4. When the milk is reduced to half, take it off the heat and cool slightly. Stir at intervals to prevent skin from forming.
5. When the evaporated milk is somewhat cooled, add the condensed milk and stir vigorously to mix completely
6. Soak the saffron strands in 2 teaspoons of warm milk. Add this to the milk mixture while it is still warm and mix gently
7. Finally add the chopped pistachios and stir once more to mix
8. Cool the kulfi mix completely and then pour into kulfi moulds and secure the airtight caps.
9. Freeze in refrigerator freezer for 4-6 hours
10. Take out of the freezer 5-7 minutes before serving
11. Unmould the kulfi and serve with some chopped pistachios on top